Saturday, April 27, 2019

Genesis 43:8-10 Sooner or Later?

8And Judah said to his father Israel, “Send the boy with me, and we will go at once, so that we may live and not die—neither we, nor you, nor our children. 9I will guarantee his safety. You may hold me personally responsible! If I do not bring him back and set him before you, then let me bear the guilt before you all my life. 10If we had not delayed, we could have come and gone twice by now.”

Judah steps up to the plate and hits a home run! He takes responsibility and reassures his father. 
But could he have done so sooner?
Why did he wait until later?

But what about poor Simeon who’s being held captive in Egypt?

We are no different than Jacob! Sooner or later....
We don’t like change, we don’t like being forced into doing something, we delay, we postpone, we make excuses. 

Sooner or later....
“If we had not delayed, we could have come and gone twice by now.” 
A close friend recently shared his testimony and said he asked the Lord why He waited so long to change him. The reply he received was.......
“I was waiting for you!”

Sooner or later.....
Jacob should have given his response to go to Egypt sooner. My friend should have stopped sinning and trusted in the Lord sooner.
I should have come to Christ and the cross sooner!

Sooner or later.....
What about you?
What’s your excuse?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment