Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Genesis 41:14-24 I had a dream!

14So Pharaoh sent for Joseph, who was quickly brought out of the dungeon. After he had shaved and changed his clothes, he went in before Pharaoh.
15Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I had a dream, and no one can interpret it. But I have received word about you that when you hear a dream you can interpret it.”
16“I myself cannot do it,” Joseph replied, “but God will give Pharaoh a sound answer.”
17Then Pharaoh said to Joseph: “In my dream I was standing on the bank of the Nile, 18when seven cows, well-fed and sleek, came up from the river and began to graze among the reeds. 19After them, seven other cows, sickly, ugly, and thin, came up. I have never seen such ugly cows in all the land of Egypt! 20Then the thin, ugly cows devoured the seven well-fed cows that were there first. 21When they had devoured them, however, no one could tell that they had done so; their appearance was as ugly as it had been before. Then I awoke.
22In my dream I also saw seven heads of grain, plump and ripe, growing on a single stalk. 23After them, seven other heads of grain sprouted—withered, thin, and scorched by the east wind. 24And the thin heads of grain swallowed the seven plump ones.
I told this dream to the magicians, but no one could explain it to me.”

“I had a dream!”
Joseph gives glory to God and doesn’t give glory to himself. This is a striking difference from when he was a boy and told his brothers of his dreams. 
Joseph matured in his slavery and his imprisonment.

The magicians couldn’t interpret these dreams because they were inspired by God and He orchestrated events to place Joseph in this exact spot at this exact time.

Has God orchestrated events in your life? 

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment