Saturday, April 6, 2019

Genesis 40:9-15 Please remember me!

9So the chief cupbearer told Joseph his dream: “In my dream there was a vine before me, 10and on the vine were three branches. As it budded, its blossoms opened and its clusters ripened into grapes. 11Pharaoh’s cup was in my hand, and I took the grapes, squeezed them into his cup, and placed the cup into his hand.”
12Joseph replied, “This is the interpretation: The three branches are three days. 13Within three days Pharaoh will lift up your head and restore your position. You will put Pharaoh’s cup into his hand, just as you did when you were his cupbearer. 14But when it goes well for you, please remember me and show me kindness by mentioning me to Pharaoh, that he might bring me out of this prison. 15For I was kidnapped from the land of the Hebrews, and even here I have done nothing for which they should have put me in this dungeon.”

Joseph used his spiritual gift to interpret the dream. 
In return, Joseph asked the cupbearer to remember him. 
“please remember me and show me kindness by mentioning me to Pharaoh, that he might bring me out of this prison”.

Will the cupbearer remember?
Gods timing usually isn’t our timing!

Have you ever helped someone and asked them in return for help only to be snubbed or forgotten?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment