Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Genesis 42:37-38 Wrestling with a God!

37Then Reuben said to his father, “You may kill my two sons if I fail to bring him back to you. Put him in my care, and I will return him.”
38But Jacob replied, “My son will not go down there with you, for his brother is dead, and he alone is left. If any harm comes to him on your journey, you will bring my gray hair down to Sheol in sorrow.”

Reuben was the first born and he offered up his two sons as a gesture and assurance.
It would seem Jacob didn’t think too much of Simeon because he was unwilling to send Benjamin to Egypt.

Jacob was still wrestling with God! Unwilling to fully trust Him. We are no different, we read the Bible and see all His promises but we still don’t fully trust Him. 
We try to fix things ourselves instead of putting our trust in Him.

God was about to bring Jacob good news, that his beloved son of Rachel who was once thought dead is alive! 
Another beloved Son brought good news!

John 20: 15“Woman, why are you weeping?” Jesus asked. “Whom are you seeking?”
Thinking He was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried Him off, tell me where you have put Him, and I will get Him.”
16Jesus said to her, “Mary.”
She turned and said to Him in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means Teacher).
17“Do not cling to Me,” Jesus said, “for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go and tell My brothers, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.’”
18Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them what He had said to her.

Do you still wrestle with God?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment