Saturday, September 1, 2018

Look Twice, Save A Life. 1Timothy 5:21-25 NLT

Yesterday I may have saved a few lives. In the process I also sinned. I was driving home and the driver of the vehicle behind me decided to pass me. On a hill. With a double yellow line (those are put there for a reason). Just as they got even with me a car came over the crest of the hill headed towards us. I slowed down so the driver could complete their (stupid) maneuver and get back in the lane ahead of me. He was barely back in the lane when the oncoming vehicle passed us. I didn't just think it, I verbally voiced what I thought of them, hence the sin part. I  learned a long time ago it's better to be a cautious driver then to kill people  because I was in a hurry.

Not all of our good deeds need to be recognized in this lifetime. I would much rather wait for my reward when I get to heaven. Not all of our sins are evident but I'd rather deal with them now then later. 

1 Timothy 5:21-25 NLT 
21 I solemnly command you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus and the highest angels to obey these instructions without taking sides or showing favoritism to anyone. 
22 Never be in a hurry about appointing a church leader. Do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure. 
23 Don’t drink only water. You ought to drink a little wine for the sake of your stomach because you are sick so often. 
24 Remember, the sins of some people are obvious, leading them to certain judgment. But there are others whose sins will not be revealed until later.  25 In the same way, the good deeds of some people are obvious. And the good deeds done in secret will someday come to light. 

Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment