Friday, September 28, 2018

Genesis 7:17-24 The new world!

The Duration of the Flood
17For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and the waters rose and lifted the ark high above the earth. 18So the waters continued to surge and rise greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the waters. 19Finally, the waters completely inundated the earth, so that all the high mountains under all the heavens were covered.
20The waters rose and covered the mountaintops to a depth of fifteen cubits.b 21And every creature that had moved upon the earth perished—birds, livestock, animals, every creature that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind. 22Of all that had been on dry land, everything that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23And every living thing on the face of the earth was destroyed—man and livestock, crawling creatures and birds of the air; they were blotted out from the earth, and only Noah remained, and those with him in the ark.
24And the waters prevailed upon the earth for 150 days.

Covered the mountain tops to a depth of 15 cubits and is estimated to be 22.5 feet!
“everything that had the breath of life in its nostrils died”. This didn’t include fish, only creatures that had been on dry land.
“And the waters prevailed upon the earth for 150 days.” I get sea sick so I wouldn’t have liked the length of time in the ark. I recall taking our son deep sea fishing and I spent most of the time over the side of the boat! 

“Noah underwent burial to all the old things that he might come out into a new world, and even so we die in Christ that we may live with him.” (Spurgeon)

Have you died with Christ? 

Galatians 2:20
"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

If Christ lives in you, you have been born again and have buried all the old things.
Welcome to the new world!


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment