Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Genesis 3:8-13 What is this you have done?

8Then the man and his wife heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the breeze of the day, and they hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
9So the LORD God called out to the man, “Where are you?”
10“I heard Your voice in the garden,” he replied, “and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself.”
11“Who told you that you were naked?” asked the LORD God. “Have you eaten of the tree from which I commanded you not to eat?”
12And the man answered, “The woman whom You gave me, she gave me fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
13Then the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
“The serpent deceived me,” she replied, “and I ate.”

Deflection’s we’ve all made them. Blame a brother or sister, blame the spouse or blame the dog! 
I especially like Adam’s wording, “The woman whom You gave me”. And then Eve’s deflection, “The serpent deceived me,”.
You could say the serpent enticed them but the decision to sin (disobey Gods command) was theirs and theirs alone.

It’s no different when we sin. It’s our decision and ours alone.
Adam and Eve will soon be separated from God for their sin.
How do you rectify your sin and separation from God?

Jesus tells us there is only one way to the Father, 
John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Life is short, you may not see the sun rise tomorrow. Accept Jesus in your heart, accept His sacrifice on the cross for your sins, believe He was raised from the dead and you will be forgiven. He and only He can wash your sins to be white as snow.

Your sin is no different than Adam and Eve’s!
What is this you have done?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment