Saturday, June 15, 2024

1 Samuel 9:25-27 I Will Be Good?

 ”And when they came down from the high place into the city, a bed was spread for Saul on the roof, and he lay down to sleep. Then at the break of dawn Samuel called to Saul on the roof, “Up, that I may send you on your way.” So Saul arose, and both he and Samuel went out into the street. As they were going down to the outskirts of the city, Samuel said to Saul, “Tell the servant to pass on before us, and when he has passed on, stop here yourself for a while, that I may make known to you the word of God.”“ ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭9‬:‭25‬-‭27‬ ‭ESV‬‬


a. Samuel spoke with Saul on the top of the house: No doubt, Samuel told Saul all about Israel’s desire for a king and how he had to be a good king for Israel.

i. We can imagine Samuel saying: “Look, Saul, you have a lot going for you. You have the image, you are a humble man, and you will have the support of the people. But if you don’t give your heart to serving God, and submit to Him as your king, you will never be a fit king for Israel.”

ii. Queen Victoria reigned over Great Britain for 64 years. When she was 11 years old, her governess showed her a list of the kings and queens of England with her name added at the end. When she understood what it meant she burst into tears. Then she controlled herself and said solemnly, “I will be good.” Here, Samuel gave Saul the opportunity to say with his heart, “I will be good.”


b. That I may announce to you the word of God: Samuel dramatically introduced the official anointing as king he will give to Saul. (Guzik)


I Will Be Good?

We may not be asked to serve as a king or queen but we will be pressed into service of the King! But we too need to say out of humility from our heart, I will be good! If we continually ask the Holy Spirit to lead us, guide our words and thoughts then His ministry and His servant will succeed for His purposes. 

But if we leave the front door cracked open, pride and Satan will enter and we will fail! Then we will wonder, I will be good?


When God leads who can prevail against Him?

But when man leads, it’s only a matter of time before we fall!

Lord, please guide me in your ministry so I will be good in Your service. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment