Wednesday, June 19, 2024

1 Samuel 10:2 Prophetic Word!

 ”When you depart from me today, you will meet two men by Rachel’s tomb in the territory of Benjamin at Zelzah, and they will say to you, ‘The donkeys that you went to seek are found, and now your father has ceased to care about the donkeys and is anxious about you, saying, “What shall I do about my son?”’“

‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭10‬:‭2‬ ‭ESV‬‬


a. You will find two men by Rachel’s tomb: Samuel gave Saul a specific prophetic word, by which Saul could have confidence that his anointing was really from God. If there were no men by Rachel’s tomb, or if there was only one man and not two, then Saul would know that Samuel did not really speak from God.

i. However, speaking purely theoretically, there could have been three men by Rachel’s tomb and the prophecy would still be exactly correct. You can say there are two men if there are three or four or five, but you cannot say there are two men if there is only one. When a word is from God, it is always fulfilled exactly as God says, but not always exactly as we expect.


b. They will say to you: If the men by Rachel’s tomb didn’t tell Saul about finding the donkeys, Saul would know Samuel was not a true prophet. God gave Saul this sign to build confidence in the work of the LORD.

i. We need to trust God’s confirmation along the way. God did not want Saul to doubt his calling later, so He gave him a lot of confirmation. (Guzik)


Prophetic Word

You will know prophecy is true if it comes true, which is what pastor Robert always preached. 

Once after church I had a man that I didn’t know, come up to me and said he had a message for me from God. He said, the Lord sees my pain and that my marriage would be restored. We had been going through a rough spot. 

Most importantly, his prophetic word came true just as he said!


I believe we won’t see how much the Lord has intervened in our lives until we meet Him face to face.

I can’t wait until that day, can you?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment