Saturday, June 1, 2024

1 Samuel 7:15-17 Finished Well!

 ”Samuel continued as Israel’s leader all the days of his life. From year to year he went on a circuit from Bethel to Gilgal to Mizpah, judging Israel in all those places. But he always went back to Ramah, where his home was, and there he also held court for Israel. And he built an altar there to the Lord.“ ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭7‬:‭15‬-‭17‬ ‭NIV‬‬


a. Judged Israel all the days of his life: Samuel was used of God all his days. Some judges ended their ministry early or in disgrace, but Samuel finished well.


b. He went from year to year on a circuit…and judged Israel in all those places: Samuel was busy in his service of the LORD. Every year, Samuel worked hard to go all about Israel to help settle disputes and promote righteousness.


c. He always returned to Ramah…. and there he built an altar to the LORD: Samuel remained faithful to the LORD. An altar was a place of sacrifice and worship, and Samuel had a consistent relationship with the LORD in sacrifice and worship.


Finished Well

It is my hope and prayer that I finish my life well so that when I take my last breath on earth it will be my first breath in heaven. And Jesus will say to me, well done, good and faithful servant!


”“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’“ ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25‬:‭21‬ ‭NIV‬‬


I look forward to going home, do you?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment