Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Ruth 1:6-7 Come Back To The Lord!

 ”When Naomi heard in Moab that the Lord had attended to His people by providing them with food, she and her daughters-in-law prepared to leave the land of Moab. Accompanied by her two daughters-in-law, she left the place where she had been living and set out on the road leading back to the land of Judah.“

‭‭Ruth‬ ‭1‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭BSB‬‬


a. She had heard in the country of Moab that the LORD had visited His people: From distant Moab, Naomi heard that God was doing good things back in Israel. She wanted to be part of the good things that God was doing.

i. Our life with God should make others want to come back to the LORD just by looking at our life. Our walk with the LORD should be something that makes others say, “I want some of that also!”

b. She went out from the place where she was: This set Naomi apart from many other people. Many hear of the good things God is doing in the lives of others, and only wish they could have some of it - instead of actually setting out to receive it. Naomi could have stayed in Moab all of her life wishing things were different, but she did something to receive what God had to give her. (Guzik)


Come back to the Lord

Is our lifestyle a reflection of Jesus so others want to come back to the Lord? I will admit to you that I’m a sinner, I’m not perfect and I won’t be until I see Jesus face to face! I’ve been studying the Bible from cover to cover for years and I believe my understanding of it is good, but I’m no scholar.


I’ve noticed a lot of Christian people dealing with anger issues and it basically comes down to, what’s your god? What are you setting as a higher priority than Jesus? It could be caused from a past trauma or abuse, but the trigger needs to be addressed. 


Child of God, are you reacting in anger? 

Comparing God’s righteous anger as an example for yours isn’t biblical. 

Recently my wife and I started leading a Life Recovery Group using the Life Recovery Bible and General Workbook. This would be a good study for anyone dealing with anger, allowing you to peel back the layers in self examination to discover the trigger that sets off your anger issues.


It would also help you to come back to the Lord.

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment