Monday, February 27, 2023

Joshua 7:19-21 I Have Sinned

 19So Joshua said to Achan, “My son, give glory to the LORD, the God of Israel, and make a confession to Him. I urge you to tell me what you have done; do not hide it from me.”

20“It is true,” Achan replied, “I have sinned against the LORD, the God of Israel. This is what I did: 21When I saw among the spoils a beautiful cloak from Shinar,e two hundred shekels of silver, and a bar of gold weighing fifty shekels, I coveted them and took them. They are hidden in the ground inside my tent, with the silver underneath.”


“Even when we sin and try to cover it up, we can still give glory to the LORD by openly and honestly confessing our sin. Hidden sin always has a special power over us.

Measured against the lives of thirty-six men and the welfare of the entire nation, what Achan gained was insignificant. 

Think of how Achan could have rationalized his sin: “No one will know.” “These things won’t be missed.” “Think of how I’ll be admired in this beautiful Babylonian garment.” “I’m not hurting anyone.” “I deserve this.” The excuses can go on and on, but they all fall short.” (Guzik)


1Ti 6:10 NKJV - 10 For the love of money is a root of all [kinds of] evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.


Achan was basically forced to confess as the tribes, clan by clan came forward and he was selected. Would it have turned out differently if….


2 Samuel 12:13 So David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.” And Nathan said to David, “The LORD also has mput away your sin; you shall not die.


David still had consequences for his sin.

We are forgiven when we come to the foot of the cross and openly and honestly confess our sin daily but we still have consequences for our sin.

The question is when it comes to confessing your sin, are you like Achan or David?


Stay tuned or read ahead to see what happens to Achan!

Blessings 







No comments:

Post a Comment