Wednesday, September 28, 2022

UNLUCKY

My sin sickens me, so much so I have to remind myself I am a new person in Christ.

I study the Bible daily to help guide me to sin less and because I’m not sinless I rely on Jesus to continually keep me clean.


UNLUCKY 

The other night I watched a movie called “Lucky” a spiritual journey of a 90-year-old atheist with Harry Dean Stanton.

I almost turned it off but I wanted to see Tom Skerritt in his cameo and see if Lucky found Christ. He didn’t and he claimed when you die you go nowhere, a big black nothing. The actor appeared like death warmed over (not makeup). I searched his name and he died the same year the movie was released in 2017.

So sad to never find Jesus in his lifetime of 91 years! 

Many of the movie story lines were actually part of his real life journey.

When he was drafted into the US Navy in WW2 he was assigned as a cook on a LST which is how he got his nickname, Lucky.

I believe it’s possible that his “spiritual wisdom” hardened his heart ♥️.

HIs legacy: he’ll be forever known as an atheist because of his 2017 movie “Lucky”.

Unfortunately I believe he was unlucky not to find Jesus or to be sickened by his sin.


Then the verses of the rich man and Lazarus came to mind. 

I wonder if he’s asking now if he can have a do over?


Luke 16: 19Now there was a rich man dressed in purple and fine linen, who lived each day in joyous splendor. 20And a beggar named Lazarus lay at his gate, covered with sores 21and longing to be fed with the crumbs that fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22One day the beggar died and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s side. And the rich man also died and was buried. 23In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham from afar, with Lazarus by his side.

24So he cried out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. For I am in agony in this fire.’…… 31Then Abraham said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’ ” 

Or by Jesus Christ Himself who rose from the dead!


If you reject Jesus the Son of God to take away your sins, you too will be just like Lucky and become unlucky.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Blessings 




No comments:

Post a Comment