Thursday, September 1, 2022

Deuteronomy 23:21-23 To vow or not to vow, that is the question!

 21If you make a vow to the LORD your God, do not be slow to keep it, because He will surely require it of you, and you will be guilty of sin. 22But if you refrain from making a vow, you will not be guilty of sin. 23Be careful to follow through on what comes from your lips, because you have freely vowed to the LORD your God with your own mouth.


Matthew 5:34-37


James 5:12


Matthew 26:63-64


God Himself swears oaths, Luke 1:73, Acts 2:30, Hebrews 3:18, 6:13, 17


Ecclesiastes 5:4-5


“Of course, there is a vow we all can and should make - a vow to praise God: Vows made to You are binding upon me, O God; I will render praises unto You (Psalm 56:12). So I will sing praise to Your name forever, that I may daily perform my vows (Psalm 61:8).” (Guzik)


God wants integrity in our words! I recall when I was in my early teens my grandmother wanted me to paint a neighbor’s garage. I didn’t want to do it but she persuaded me. When I started the job I found out it was an oil based paint and wished I didn’t commit to it but endured the project because I committed myself to it. 

Do your words have integrity?


Blessings 




No comments:

Post a Comment