Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Deuteronomy 26:13-15 The Right Kind of Heart ❤️

 13Then you shall declare in the presence of the LORD your God, “I have removed from my house the sacred portion and have given it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless, and the widow, according to all the commandments You have given me. I have not transgressed or forgotten Your commandments. 14I have not eaten any of the sacred portion while in mourning, or removed any of it while unclean, or offered any of it for the dead. I have obeyed the LORD my God; I have done everything You commanded me. 15Look down from Your holy habitation, from heaven, and bless Your people Israel and the land You have given us as You swore to our fathers—a land flowing with milk and honey.”


“The prayer described here shows that the giving was done with the right kind of heart. God not only wants us to give, but to give with the right heart.” (Guzik)


Genesis 4: 3So in the course of time, Cain brought some of the fruit of the soil as an offering to the LORD, 4while Abel brought the best portions of the firstborn of his flock.

And the LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5but He had no regard for Cain and his offering. So Cain became very angry, and his countenance fell.


Why did the Lord have no regard for Cain and his offering? 

He didn’t have the right kind of heart 💜!


Do you give with the right kind of heart? I freely admit struggle in this area.

Dear Lord, help me and those reading this to freely give to whom You desire with the right kind of heart ❤️. Guide us to be more like Able and look upon on us with favor.

In Jesus name I pray, amen.

Blessings 




No comments:

Post a Comment