Monday, December 23, 2019

Exodus 23:20-21 Prepare a place for you!

20Behold, I am sending an angel before you to protect you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. 21Pay attention to him and listen to his voice; do not defy him, for he will not forgive rebellion, since My Name is in him.

“The Angel (v. 20) was not a created angel but a divine manifestation, the Second Person of the Trinity in angelic form.” (Thomas) 

“to bring you to the place I have prepared.”
John 14: 2In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going away to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am.

My name is in him seems to translate the ‘messenger’ into the supernatural realm, for God’s ‘name’ is the equivalent of His revealed nature.” (Cole)

“This Angel with the authority and prestige of the name of God was evidence enough that God himself was present in his Son.” (Kaiser)

“prepare a place for you”
Are you excited as I am to see this place?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment