Thursday, August 1, 2019

Exodus 6:28-30 Unskilled, unclean, uncircumcised lips!

28Now on the day that the LORD spoke to Moses in Egypt, 29He said to him, “I am the LORD; tell Pharaoh king of Egypt everything that I say to you.”
30But in the LORD’s presence Moses replied, “Since I am unskilled in speech, why would Pharaoh listen to me?”

Moses had doubts he could persuade the pharaoh because he rejected letting the Israelites go the first time.

Exodus 6:30 ESV But Moses said to the LORD, “Behold, I am of uncircumcised lips. How will Pharaoh listen to me?”

But was it because Moses was unskilled in speech or because of uncircumcised lips (sin)?

Isaiah 6:5Then I said:
“Woe is me,
for I am ruined,
because I am a man of unclean lips
dwelling among a people of unclean lips;
for my eyes have seen the King,
the LORD of Hosts.”
6Then one of the seraphim flew to me, and in his hand was a glowing coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7And with it he touched my mouth and said:
“Now that this has touched your lips,
your iniquity is removed
and your sin is atoned for.”

I can think of a lot of politicians that currently have unclean, uncircumcised lips!

Dear Heavenly Father, I lift up our country, our elected officials, our divided citizens into your hands. I ask for a revival back to You and Your ways. Please fill everyone with your love and continue to use our country for good throughout the world.
In Jesus name I pray.

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment