Monday, May 20, 2024

1 Samuel 6:16-18 Persuaded

 ”And when the five Lords of the Philistines saw it, they returned that day to Ekron. These are the golden tumors that the Philistines returned as a guilt offering to the Lord: one for Ashdod, one for Gaza, one for Ashkelon, one for Gath, one for Ekron, and the golden mice, according to the number of all the cities of the Philistines belonging to the five Lords, both fortified cities and unwalled villages. The great stone beside which they set down the ark of the Lord is a witness to this day in the field of Joshua of Beth-shemesh.“

‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭6‬:‭16‬-‭18‬ ‭ESV‬‬


a. When the five lords of the Philistines had seen it: They wondered if all that had happened to them while they had the ark was an accident. So they set up an elaborate and difficult test for God to fulfill, and they personally observed to see if God would indeed meet the test. Their reaction isn’t recorded, but they must have been persuaded. (Guzik)


Persuaded

There have been times in my life that I’ve been doubtful if Jesus still loved me. This is due to my human condition even though I have seen His hand throughout my life. In my humanism I have setup tests, not much different than the Philistines.


Jesus’s love is always far greater than my sins and I’m persuaded!


Has Jesus persuaded you?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment