Monday, April 29, 2024

1 Samuel 3:15-18 Lay Down Until Morning!

  ”So Samuel lay down until morning, and opened the doors of the house of the Lord. And Samuel was afraid to tell Eli the vision. Then Eli called Samuel and said, “Samuel, my son!” He answered, “Here I am.” And he said, “What is the word that the Lord spoke to you? Please do not hide it from me. God do so to you, and more also, if you hide anything from me of all the things that He said to you.” Then Samuel told him everything, and hid nothing from him. And he said, “It is the Lord. Let Him do what seems good to Him.”“ ‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭3‬:‭15‬-‭18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


Samuel lay down until morning: Of course, he didn’t sleep at all. We see young Samuel laying on his bed, ears tingling at the message from God, wondering how he could ever tell Eli such a powerful word of judgment (Samuel was afraid to tell Eli).


Samuel, my son! Eli was not a good boss or a good parent to Hophni and Phinehas. But Samuel came to him as a “second chance,” and Eli did a better job of raising Samuel than he did with his sons by birth. (Guzik)


I woke up early this morning and couldn’t get a prayer request for an upcoming ministry we are leading out of my mind. I tried to lay down until morning but couldn’t! So I got up and sent out the prayer request on our church prayer sheet email group.


Eli’s response seems lackadaisical to me.

If we were in his position and learned what the Lord told Samuel, wouldn’t we fallen to our knees and cry out to the Lord and ask Him for forgiveness?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment