Friday, May 19, 2023

Joshua 20:4 Our Refuge!

4When someone flees to one of these cities, stands at the entrance of the city gate, and states his case before its elders, they are to bring him into the city and give him a place to live among them.


“According to custom, the elders of the city spent much time at the gates of the city. When someone fleeing from an avenger of blood came to a city of refuge, he stated his case to the elders at the city gates.”

“After explaining the case, the fleeing person could expect to find protection within the walls of the city of refuge, though he would have to stay there, and live in the city, to enjoy that protection.” (Guzik)


David took refuge in God.

Psalm 62:7–8 (ESV) 7  On God rests my salvation and my glory;

my mighty rock, my refuge is God. 8  Trust in him at all times, O people;

pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah


We have refuge in our King Jesus!

John 16:33 (ESV) 33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”


Hebrews 13:5–6 (ESV) 5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”


Jesus will state, explain our case, 1 John 2: 1My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 


If you don’t have Jesus, where will you flee to?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment