Saturday, May 6, 2023

Joshua 18:4-8 Cast Lots

 4Appoint three men from each tribe, and I will send them out to survey the land and map it out, according to the inheritance of each. Then they will return to me 5and divide the land into seven portions. Judah shall remain in their territory in the south, and the house of Joseph shall remain in their territory in the north. 6When you have mapped out the seven portions of land and brought it to me, I will cast lots for you here in the presence of the LORD our God.

7The Levites, however, have no portion among you, because their inheritance is the priesthood of the LORD. And Gad, Reuben, and half the tribe of Manasseh have already received the inheritance that Moses the servant of the LORD gave them beyond the Jordan to the east.”

8As the men got up to go out, Joshua commanded them to map out the land, saying, “Go and survey the land, map it out, and return to me. Then I will cast lots for you here in Shiloh in the presence of the LORD.”


Cast Lots

The three men from each tribe took a survey of the land and mapped it out. Then Joshua cast lots in the presence of the Lord for the tribes.

Christian, your life is similar to these scriptures. The Lord knit you in your mother’s womb and when you were born your lot was cast before you! 


The question before you is, have you accepted Jesus as your King and the lot cast before you?

Look at Job for the lot cast before him and how he accepted his lot! 

Job 1:21 “Naked I came from my mother’s womb,

and naked I will return.

The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away.

Blessed be the name of the LORD.”


Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment