Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Deuteronomy 33:22 Concerning Dan (you)

22Concerning Dan he said:

“Dan is a lion’s cub,

leaping out of Bashan.”


He shall leap from Bashan: This may not be a complimentary phrase. History records that Dan was a troublesome tribe. They were the tribe to introduce idolatry into Israel (Judges 18:30); Jeroboam set up one of his idolatrous golden calves in Dan (1 Kings 12:26-30), and later Dan became a center of idol worship in Israel (Amos 8:14). Indeed, Jacob said of Dan in Genesis 49:17, Dan shall be a serpent by the way.” (Guzik)


From Bashan: The tribe of Dan originally was allotted land in the southern part of Israel but migrated to the north hundreds of years after this (Judges 18). Moses’ reference to Bashan (a region in northern Israel) prophetically anticipated this migration.” (Guzik)


Concerning (you)

What could be said about either one of us? What I know about myself is as I get older, I reflect more on my past. This is why the Lord allows us to age, to reflect on our life on earth. I’ve done many things I’m not proud of but I know through Jesus it’s all been wiped clean, my criminal, sinful record has been absolved and I’ve been pardoned. My record now becomes one that I strive for the crown ðŸ‘‘ which HE has prepared for me. I’ve been faithful in many things but I also been unfaithful in many others. When our day comes and we prostrate ourselves in front of Jesus can any one of us say, I have fulfilled YOUR mission for my life?

If your reading this there is still time to fulfill your mission for your life.

Will Jesus say?

Matthew 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment