Monday, July 18, 2022

Deuteronomy 20:19-20 Siege

 19When you lay siege to a city for an extended time while fighting against it to capture it, you must not destroy its trees by putting an axe to them, because you can eat their fruit. You must not cut them down. Are the trees of the field human, that you should besiege them? 20But you may destroy the trees that you know do not produce fruit. Use them to build siege works against the city that is waging war against you, until it falls.


“When an army surrounded a city during a siege, the army would forage around the countryside for supplies. Needing wood for building and fuel, it would be common for the besieging army to cut down trees in the area around the city.” (Guzik)


Siege 

I had a teacher lay a siege upon me in the 6th grade. She built a wall around me and wouldn’t allow me to participate in anything with the class because someone told her I swore, said a cuss word. She wouldn’t allow to participate until I admitted to cursing. Six months later I decided to admit to something I didn’t do so I could move forward. School can be difficult ðŸ˜£ especially when you have a teacher that doesn’t view their profession as a gift but sees it as a job. But it’s these difficulties that prepare you for adulthood. Life is hard but it would be harder without Jesus!


Have you ever been a victim of a siege?

Blessings 




No comments:

Post a Comment