Friday, August 6, 2021

Numbers 24:10-13 Balak’s anger, Balaam’s excuse!

 10Then Balak’s anger was kindled against Balaam, and he struck his hands together; and Balak said to Balaam, “I called you to curse my enemies, but behold, you have done nothing but bless them these three times. 11Therefore now flee to your place! I had intended to honor you greatly, but behold, the LORD has held you back from honor.” 12Balaam said to Balak, “Did I not tell your messengers whom you had sent to me, 13‘Even if Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I could not go beyond the command of the LORD, to do either good or bad of my own accord. What the LORD speaks, that I will speak?’ 


Balak’s anger, Balaam’s excuse!

Balaam realizes he’s not going to get paid and blames the blessings on the Lord!


“Perhaps at that moment Balaam saw the greater wisdom of God in telling him not to go, because now it seemed the whole trip was a big waste, and Balaam would not get his money.” (Guzik)


Just because you have knowledge doesn’t mean you have wisdom.

Did Balaam have 20/20 hindsight?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment