Monday, January 13, 2020

Exodus 25:8-9 Architects Model!

8And they are to make a sanctuary for Me, so that I may dwell among them. 9You must make the tabernacle and design all its furnishings according to the pattern I show you.

"The Hebrews were meant to feel that the God of their fathers was a fellow-pilgrim, that where they pitched He pitched, that their enemies, difficulties, and long toilsome marches were His." (Meyer)

Hebrews 8: 5The place where they serve is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”

The pattern means almost ‘architect’s model.’” (Cole)

Architects model, my parents had their retirement home designed by an architect. My father and I built it. The only problem I noticed was, why would an architect design a house for a retired couple with a sunken living room and kitchen? 
My fear was one of my parents would fall on the steps and break a hip. My fears were realized when years later my father broke his hip on those steps.

But look at Hebrews 8:5 “The place where they serve is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven”. Since God is perfect, the sanctuary, tabernacle and design was perfect!

I can’t wait to reside in heaven because it’s perfect!
Can you?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment