Monday, September 16, 2019

Exodus 15:1-19 The Lord is my strength!

1Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD:
“I will sing to the LORD,
for He is highly exalted.
The horse and rider
He has thrown into the sea.
2The LORD is my strength and my song,
and He has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise Him,
my father’s God, and I will exalt Him.
3The LORD is a warrior,
the LORD is His name.
4Pharaoh’s chariots and army
He has thrown into the sea;
the finest of his officers
are drowned in the Red Sea.a
5The depths have covered them;
they sank there like a stone.
6Your right hand, O LORD, is majestic in power;
Your right hand, O LORD, has shattered the enemy.
7You overthrew Your adversaries
by Your great majesty.
You unleashed Your burning wrath;
it consumed them like stubble.
8At the blast of Your nostrils
the waters piled up;
like a wall the currents stood firm;
the depths congealed in the heart of the sea.
9The enemy declared,
‘I will pursue, I will overtake.
I will divide the spoils;
I will gorge myself on them.
I will draw my sword;
my hand will destroy them.’
10But You blew with Your breath,
and the sea covered them.
They sank like lead
in the mighty waters.
11Who among the gods is like You, O LORD?
Who is like You—majestic in holiness,
revered with praises,
performing wonders?
12You stretched out Your right hand,
and the earth swallowed them up.
13With loving devotionYou will lead
the people You have redeemed;
with Your strength You will guide them
to Your holy dwelling.
14The nations will hear and tremble;
anguish will grip the dwellers of Philistia.
15Then the chiefs of Edom will be dismayed;
trembling will seize the leaders of Moab;
those who dwell in Canaan will melt away,
16and terror and dread will fall on them.
By the power of Your arm
they will be as still as a stone
until Your people pass by, O LORD,
until the people You bought pass by.
17You will bring them in and plant them
on the mountain of Your inheritance—
the place, O LORD, You have prepared for Your dwelling,
the sanctuary, O Lord, Your hands have established.
18The LORD will reign forever and ever!”
19For when Pharaoh’s horses, chariots, and horsemen went into the sea, the LORD brought the waters of the sea back over them. But the Israelites walked through the sea on dry ground.

“There are moods of the soul that can only be expressed in poetry and in music.” (Morgan)

“This is the very first of those sacred songs preserved in Scripture, and in some respects it is first in merit as well as in time.” (Spurgeon)

“The first verse of this song was quoted by David. I think you will find it in almost the same words three times in the Psalms.” (Spurgeon)

“Notice, the song is all of God; there is not a word about Moses. Read this song through, and neither Moses, nor Aaron, nor Miriam are in it: God is all in all.” (Spurgeon)

“Note, the word is not ‘The Lord gives me strength,’ but ‘The Lord is my strength’! How strong is a believer? I say it with reverence, he is as strong as God – ‘The Lord is my strength.’” (Spurgeon)

“It is obvious, then, from the plentiful allusions to this song in holy scripture, that it is full of deep spiritual significance. It teaches us not only to praise God concerning the literal overthrow of Egypt, but to praise him concerning the overthrow of all the powers of evil, and the final deliverance of all the chosen.” (Spurgeon)

The first song leaves a lasting impression on book writers of the Bible!
Look deeper at Spurgeon’s quote, “It teaches us not only to praise God concerning the literal overthrow of Egypt, but to praise him concerning the overthrow of all the powers of evil, and the final deliverance of all the chosen.”

For those of us that have read and studied the whole Bible, we know that God wins! You can take it to the bank, His Promise of overthrowing evil and finial deliverance will happen and one day His chosen people, His adopted children will be in His presence!

Come Lord Jesus come!

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment