Saturday, February 3, 2018

Revelation 10-Bitter, Sweet!

8Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, “Go, take the small scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel standing on the sea and on the land.”
9And I went to the angel and said, “Give me the small scroll.”
“Take it and eat it,” he said. “It will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey.”a
10So I took the small scroll from the angel’s hand and ate it; and it was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned bitter.
11And they told me, “You must prophesy again about many peoples and nations and tongues and kings.” 

Gods Word is always bitter sweet.
God uses bitter trials to forge us in the furnace to mold and shape us into the person He wants us to be so He can use us for His purposes.
The sweetness is the feeding of the soul on Gods Word.

Examine what Joseph went through, sold as a slave, accused and thrown into prison. When he emerged from the fiery furnace God blessed him and he saved his family and nation from years of drought and starvation.

Are you going through a bitter experience? A loved one with cancer, a prodigal son, or?
Honor God, dive into His word and allow Him to carry you. Be His shining example, a light for others to see that will help them see Christ in you. Then think of the welcome “home” embrace He will give you when your journey is complete on this earth.


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment