Saturday, February 3, 2018

A Chance Dream. Genesis 37:5-8 NLT

Dreams are interesting. Sometimes they are wild and farfetched other times so real when you wake up you need a minute to adjust your brain to the truth. Have you ever had what you considered a prophetic dream? 

One time shortly after our son Jesus moved in I had a dream that shook me to my core. It was so vivid and clear yet so odd. 

In my dream I heard a ruckus coming from the street in front of our house in Tucson. I looked out the window and saw a large dirty, orange, rough and hard, weathered cat being mauled by a pack of dogs. The dogs looked like german shepherds only bigger, fuller and darker, more like wolves. It was a life and death bloody battle and I thought "Who's going to save him?". The danger of getting involved flashed through my mind and then the thought "If you don't, who will?" I turned from the window to head toward the front door and woke up. The dream was so vivid I had to go look out the window to make sure it wasn't real. 

"If YOU don't, WHO will?"  Who was going to take this 10 year old boy in and give him a chance at a different life. A chance to succeed, a chance to thrive. He's in the street, a rough, hard, weathered boy. He's being torn apart by the dark forces of the world. He doesn't have a chance. Don't let the wolves win. 

I sat down and cried. And then, despite the dangers of getting involved, I did the best I could to give him a chance. 

Genesis 37:5-8 NLT

5 One night Joseph had a dream, and when he told his brothers about it, they hated him more than ever.  6 “Listen to this dream,” he said.  7 “We were out in the field, tying up bundles of grain. Suddenly my bundle stood up, and your bundles all gathered around and bowed low before mine!” 

8 His brothers responded, “So you think you will be our king, do you? Do you actually think you will reign over us?” And they hated him all the more because of his dreams and the way he talked about them. 


Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment