“Then Jehu said to Bidkar his captain, “Pick him up, and throw him into the tract of the field of Naboth the Jezreelite; for remember, when you and I were riding together behind Ahab his father, that the Lord laid this burden upon him: ‘Surely I saw yesterday the blood of Naboth and the blood of his sons,’ says the Lord, ‘and I will repay you in this plot,’ says the Lord. Now therefore, take and throw him on the plot of ground, according to the word of the Lord.”” II Kings 9:25-26 NKJV
a. Throw him on the plot of ground, according to the word of the LORD: This confirms that Jehu saw himself as a fulfiller of God’s will in bringing judgment on the house of Ahab. (Guzik)
I Will Repay, Says the Lord!
God is the ultimate judge! If you have been wronged rest assured He will repay you for it is written:
“Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.” Romans 12:19 NKJV
The human side of us wants to avenge when we have been wronged, when the courts fail to bring justice! But take solace in this, I will repay, says the Lord!
“And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.” Revelation 20:12 NKJV
If your name is in the Book of Life then you have nothing to worry about because Jesus took the punishment for your sins.
Is your name in the Book of Life?
Blessings

No comments:
Post a Comment