Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Judges 2:1-3 Disobedience

 1Now the angel of the LORD went up from Gilgal to Bochim and said, “I brought you up out of Egypt and led you into the land that I had promised to your fathers, and I said, ‘I will never break My covenant with you, 2and you are not to make a covenant with the people of this land, but you shall tear down their altars.’

Yet you have not obeyed My voice. What is this you have done? 3So now I tell you that I will not drive out these people before you; they will be thorns in your sides, and their gods will be a snare to you.”


“The first thing Jesus (as the Angel of the LORD) did was to remind Israel of His great love and faithfulness to them. He delivered them from Egypt’s bondage; He gave them an abundant land of promise; He gave them a covenant that He would never break.” (Guzik)


“The deplorable spiritual condition of the Israelites, not their lack of chariots, lay behind their failure to dispossess the Canaanites.” (Wolf)


Disobedience 

“Yet you have not obeyed My voice. What is this you have done?”

Why are we such a fickle people? One minute on fire for God and the next following the devil! Paul described it best in Romans 7, Struggling With Sin! 

The Lord is telling the Israelites and us that our sins, “they will be thorns in your sides, and their gods will be a snare to you.”

Like the prodigal son we have to wallow with the pigs for awhile before we come to our senses.

Lord help us examine our hearts for gods that snare us and thorns in our sides. Please shake and wake us up so that we can fully serve You and Your will for our lives. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.


Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment