Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Joshua 8:30-31 Promises Made, Promises Kept!

 30At that time Joshua built an altar on Mount Ebal to the LORD, the God of Israel, 31just as Moses the servant of the LORD had commanded the Israelites. He built it according to what is written in the Book of the Law of Moses: “an altar of uncut stones on which no iron tool has been used.”e And on it they offered burnt offerings to the LORD, and they sacrificed peace offerings.


Deuteronomy 27: 2And on the day you cross the Jordan into the land that the LORD your God is giving you, set up large stones and coat them with plaster. 3Write on them all the words of this law when you have crossed over to enter the land that the LORD your God is giving you, a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the LORD, the God of your fathers, has promised you. 4And when you have crossed the Jordan, you are to set up these stones on Mount Ebal, as I am commanding you today, and you are to coat them with plaster.


Promises Made, Promises Kept!

Notice these words, “has promised you”!

Jesus has made a promise too!


John 10: 28I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. 29My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”


Jesus made an open declaration, a promise!

I love Jesus and I openly declare I believe Him and that He will keep His promise.

I look forward to my heavenly home!

Do you?

Blessings 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment