Monday, February 7, 2022

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 Teach them Diligently!

 6These words I am commanding you today are to be upon your hearts. 7And you shall teach them diligently to your children and speak of them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8Tie them as reminders on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9Write them on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates.


When we adopted our son we taught him to pray, read him a Bible that was on his level, put him in Sunday school, we prayed at each meal and before he went to bed. One of my favorite memories is with him sitting in my lap while reading him a children’s Bible. Another was when we were eating lunch at a burger restaurant and he saw a homeless person walking down the street and asked if we could buy him lunch. We did but the man wouldn’t accept it. I told him not to worry that we would find someone else. We did and it was a woman sitting on a curb that someone had beaten up badly. We let my wife handle the situation. The interesting part was how the Lord used my sons heart ❤️ to send us to a woman that needed help.

Our house has a sign on it, from Joshua 24:15…..”As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD!”


Have you diligently taught your children about the Lord?

Blessings 




No comments:

Post a Comment