Friday, March 29, 2019

Genesis 38:24-26 Sin Sniffer!

24About three months later, Judah was told, “Your daughter-in-law Tamar has prostituted herself, and now she is pregnant.”
“Bring her out!” Judah replied. “Let her be burned to death!”
25As she was being brought out, Tamar sent a message to her father-in-law: “I am pregnant by the man to whom these items belong.” And she added, “Please examine them. Whose seal and cord and staff are these?”
26Judah recognized the items and said, “She is more righteous than I, since I did not give her to my son Shelah.” And he did not have relations with her again.

Read carefully....“Your daughter-in-law Tamar has prostituted herself, and now she is pregnant.”
“Bring her out!” Judah replied. “Let her be burned to death!”

To me this is a double standard, Judah can have sexual relationships outside the bonds of marriage but Tamar can’t? 
They both seem to be equally guilty of sin, so burn them both to death!
It’s a good thing I don’t sit in the judgement seat!

“Whose seal and cord and staff are these?” Busted!.......
“Judah recognized the items and said, “She is more righteous than I, since I did not give her to my son Shelah.”
And there you have it, Judah fell short of his biblical duties in providing for his daughter in-law. 
How do you think Judah felt when he had to explain he was the father?

Let’s face it, we are all sinners and a sin is a sin, as all are black in Gods eyes. 
We shouldn’t judge other people and become a sin sniffer like Judah because we are use to our own smell and can’t smell our own sin!

Are you a sin sniffer?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment