Friday, March 1, 2019

Genesis 34:8-12 The rapist demands the victim!

8But Hamor said to them, “My son Shechem longs for your daughter. Please give her to him as his wife. 9Intermarry with us; give us your daughters, and take our daughters for yourselves. 10You may settle among us, and the land will be open to you. Live here, move about freely, and acquire your own property.”
11Then Shechem said to Dinah’s father and brothers, “Grant me this favor, and I will give you whatever you ask. 12Demand a high dowry and an expensive gift, and I will give you whatever you ask. Only give me the girl as my wife!”

“Intermarry with us”, not part of God’s plan. How could the Messiah come forth from intermarriage with the Canaanite’s?
“You may settle among us”, this isn’t where God wanted Jacob to settle.

Shechem, the rapist demands the victim, “Only give me the girl as my wife!”

As I prepared for today’s study it occurred to me how the victim, Dinah was written about for a generations to read!
Locally our newspapers print arrests, with mugshots and alleged crimes of accused criminals but usually don’t provide personal information of the victims.

Deception and revenge is coming, stay tuned.

Blessings, David 


No comments:

Post a Comment