Wednesday, September 18, 2024

1 Samuel 17:22-24 Dreadfully Afraid

 ”And David left his supplies in the hand of the supply keeper, ran to the army, and came and greeted his brothers. Then as he talked with them, there was the champion, the Philistine of Gath, Goliath by name, coming up from the armies of the Philistines; and he spoke according to the same words. So David heard them. And all the men of Israel, when they saw the man, fled from him and were dreadfully afraid.“ ‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭17‬:‭22‬-‭24‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


a. Dreadfully afraidAll of the Israelite army was dreadfully afraid. There was not one man among them who would take on Goliath. Every one of them fled from him when Goliath came out. (Guzik)


Dreadfully Afraid

One night while leaving a restaurant I noticed a man outside surveying customers as they walked out the doors. As we came outside he started following us to the car. I tried to look him in the eye but he looked away and kept following us. I lifted my jacket and unsnapped a holster and he ran away. I unlocked our car with the key and opened the door for my wife and closed the door and she locked it immediately. When I got in the car she expressed her fear, (she was dreadfully afraid) but I told her I wasn’t and what I did to avoid a confrontation-robbery.


I am reminded of several verses:

”And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.“ Matthew‬ ‭10‬:‭28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


”In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?“

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭56‬:‭11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


What will David say and do after hearing Goliath blaspheming the one true God of Israel?


Have you ever been in a situation that you were dreadfully afraid?

Blessings



No comments:

Post a Comment