“And the Syrians had gone out on raids, and had brought back captive a young girl from the land of Israel. She waited on Naaman’s wife. Then she said to her mistress, “If only my master were with the prophet who is in Samaria! For he would heal him of his leprosy.”” II Kings 5:2-3 NKJV
a. Had brought back captive a young girl from the land of Israel: This girl was an unwilling missionary, taken captive from Israel and now in Syria. Yet God allowed the tragedy of her captivity to accomplish a greater good.
i. The young girl illustrates the mysterious ways God works. She was probably raised in a godly home, yet taken from her family at a young age. It was an irreplaceable loss for her parents, and one they no doubt grieved over every day. Yet, she was greatly used in a simple way.
b. If only my master were with the prophet who is in Samaria: This young girl was an outstanding example of a faithful witness in her current circumstance. She caredenough to speak up, and she had faith enough to believe that Elisha would heal him of his leprosy.
i. “And see the benefits of a religious education! Had not this little maid been brought up in the knowledge of the true God, she had not been the instrument of so great a salvation.” (Clarke)
(Guzik)
Knowledge of the True God!
My parents raised us in the knowledge of the true God but unfortunately Catholicism didn’t do anything for me as an adult. I really don’t believe I was born again as Jesus explained to Nicodemus until I went to a Bible teaching church and surrendered my life to Jesus Christ.
But my parents and Catholicism planted the seed in my heart.
I now jokingly refer to myself as a recovering catholic to new Christian brothers and sisters that I meet when they tell me that they were raised as a catholic.
“Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”” John 3:3 NKJV
My friend, have you put your soul to the test by asking yourself if you are born again?
If you are unsure please study John chapter 3.
Blessings

No comments:
Post a Comment