Thursday, June 30, 2022

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 A Prophet

 20But if any prophet dares to speak a message in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or to speak in the name of other gods, that prophet must be put to death.”

21You may ask in your heart, “How can we recognize a message that the LORD has not spoken?” 22When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD and the message does not come to pass or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.


“The difference was that, whereas the true prophet spoke for God, the false prophet spoke presumptuously, i.e. he blurted out personal opinions for which there was no backing from Yahweh.” (Thompson)


“Obviously, those who presumed to “prophecy” in the name of Baal or Ashtoreth, or any number of the other false gods of the Canaanites were false prophets.” (Guzik)


“We must always guard against letting an emphasis on the “prophetic” overshadow a simple emphasis on God’s Word: The prophet who has a dream, let him tell a dream; And he who has My word, let him speak My word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat?” says the LORD. (Jeremiah 23:28)”


A Prophet 

Years ago after pouring my heart out to the Lord I had gone to church and brother whom I never met before, came up to me after the service and said the Lord told him to give me a message, he gave me the message and departed. I first thought, is he crazy? But then thought, how did he know because it was between me and the Lord! Everything he told me came true! He was a prophet according to the Bible!


If someone claims to be speaking for the Lord ask yourself, is it biblical and did it come true?

Blessings 





No comments:

Post a Comment